January and February
Saturday and Sunday: 9 am – 5 pm
March – December
Wednesday – Sunday: 9 am – 5 pm
Closed on Monday and Tuesday
For the most up to date information please see the Range's Facebook Page.
Days and hours are subject to change.
No participants admitted less than one hour before closing.
Closed for special events and all state holidays.
Shooting lane reservation is available but not necessary.
Call (573) 330-5289 to reserve one or multiple lanes or to book a special event.
New fees as of July 1, 2023
- $10 per hour per booth, per person (Ages 13 and up)
- Special contract pricing available to law enforcement agencies, call (573) 518-2107 for pricing.
- Ear Protection $1.00
- Eye Protection $2.00
- Targets $1.00-$3.00
- Ammo (market price)
Rifle/Pistol/Shotgun Range Rules
- Safety First
- Treat all firearms as if they are loaded and pointed in a safe direction.
- Case and uncase all firearms at the shooting bench with the muzzle pointed down range.
- All firearms must be unloaded and the action locked open except when preparing to shoot on the firing line.
- When "CEASE FIRE" is called:
- Open action, unload firearms
- Rack all firearms
- The Range Safety Officer will switch the light to "GREEN", remain seated on bench at rear of booth.
- Do not handle firearms for any reason during "CEASE FIRE."
- Wait for "LINE CLEAR" command to go down range.
- One (1) target frame per lane.
- Do not enter booth until command is given.
- The Range Safety Officer will switch the light to "RED," wait for "COMMENCE FIRE" command.
- Shoot only at designed targets.
- DO NOT FIRE OUTSIDE YOUR SHOOTING LANE!
- Only one (1) firearms may be handled, loaded, and fired.
- Only two (2) people in shooting booth at a time. All others must remain at shelter.
- NO RAPID FIRE! Three (3) seconds between shots.
- Before leaving, remove brass, trash, and extra targets from booth.
- Remove target from stand and place frame at 15 yard line.
- Shooters must check out at Range Office.
- Persons drinking or under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted on the range.
- EYE AND EAR PROTECTION REQUIRED!
- Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- VIOLATION OF THESE RULES WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF RANGE PRIVILEGES!
The following items are
- Fully Automatic Firearms
- Tracer Ammunition
- Incendiary devices
- Pets-except service dogs
- Alcoholic beverages
- Armor piercing ammunition
- 50 BMG caliber firearms
Rifle/Pistol/Shotgun Range Commands
CEASE FIRE...CEASE FIRE
- (The Range Officer will turn the Indicator Light to GREEN.) Shooters on the line, open all actions, remove magazines and unload all firearms.
- Place all firearms in the appropriate gun rack with Chamber Blocks in place.
- When all firearms are racked, step out of the booth, and sit on bench provided at rear of booth. If you are checking out, turn your indicator light to WHITE.
- As a reminder, shooters during a cease-fire you may not re-enter your booth, handle any firearms, or check out.
- If you are checking out, return your target stand to the 7-yard line and remove the target.
- The line is clear. You may proceed down range.
- When everyone from your booth has returned from downrange, have a seat on the bench at the rear of your booth. (The Range Officer will turn your indicator light to RED.)
- If you are checking out during this shooting sequence, re-case your firearms on the shooting table with the muzzle pointed down range, sweep up your booth & check out at the Range Office.
- Shooters, down range is clear, you may re-enter your booth, carefully handle your firearm, keeping the muzzle pointed down range, load & commence fire.
- Reminder Commands:
- Target placement: Standing, use top of target. Seated, use bottom of target.
- 3 seconds between shots fired. No rapid fire.
- Position your firearms between the RED lines on your shooting table.
- Reminder Commands:
Directions to the
Sgt. Darrell S. Cole Memorial Shooting Range
3900 HWY 32 West
Park Hills, MO 63601
Directions from St. Louis:
Follow 1-55 S and US-67 S to MO-32 W in Leadington. Take the MO-32 W Exit from US-67 S. Follow MO-32 W to Federal Mill Rd/Sports Complex Rd in Park Hills.
Directions from Cape Girardeau:
Follow 1-55 N to MO-32 in Ste. Genevieve. Take exit 150 from 1-55 N. Continue on MO-32 W to US-67 N. Follow US-67 N to MO-32 W in Leadington. Continue on MO-32 W to Federal Mill Rd/Sports Complex Rd in Park Hills.