Whether a first career or a career change, the career planning process can be an exciting way to discover your ideal career!
The Career Planning Office has resources to help you gain a better understanding of your interests, abilities and workplace values. We can help you gather information on job descriptions, earnings, employment trends, job outlook, training/education required, and more.
Our services are available to anyone, college student or community member, who is undecided about
a college major or career; recently lost a job and looking for a new career; need help
with college transfer information; resume writing and interviewing
skills; or just need help with the career planning process.
- Career Advising: Talk with a Certified Career Advisor who is well prepared and equipped with the necessary tools and resources to assist you with all your career, academic, and college transfer needs.
- GUI 1960 - Career Planning course (1 credit hour)
- Assessments to help clarify your interests, strengths, workplace values, and career options
- Resources: Extensive printed and online occupational resources that provides information, such as job descriptions, educational requirements, salaries, job search strategies, and employment outlook
- Resume and cover letter development
- Interview preparation - successful techniques and strategies
- College admissions transfer assistance
Career Exploration Web Resources - Many websites are available to help with the career decision making process. A few are listed on the left of this page.
Contact Beth Mell, Career Advisor
For an appointment stop by AS 117 or call
(573) 518-2193 or 518-2155
or email: email@example.com
through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Mineral Area College is a member of the following professional organizations
National Association Colleges and Employers
National Career Development Association; http://www.ncda.org/
Missouri School Counselor Association; http://www.moschoolcounselor.org/ and Gateway Career Services Association; http://www.gcsa.siue.edu/
Revising a resume, considering a career change or have any career related questions? We have the staff and resources available to assist you!
"Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving."
Oliver Wendell Holmes