to CAREER PLANNING!
"Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving. - Oliver Wendell Holmes
What direction are YOU headed?
The Career Planning Office is here to help! We have resources to help you gain a better understanding of your interests, abilities and career values. We can help you gather information on job descriptions, earnings, employment trends, job outlook, training/education required, and more.
Our services are available to anyone, college student or community member, who is undecided about
a college major or career; recently lost a job and looking for a new career; need help
with college transfer information; resume writing and interviewing
skills; or just need help with the career planning process.
Whether a first career or career change, the career planning process can be an exciting way to discover your ideal career!
- Career Advising: Speak with a Career Advisor who is well prepared and equipped with the necessary tools and resources to assist you with all your career, academic, and college transfer needs
- Career Planning course - GUI 1960 (1 credit hour). Designed to guide you through the career decision-making process
- Assessments to help clarify your interests, strengths, workplace values, and career options
- Resources: Printed and online occupational resources that provides information, such as job descriptions, educational requirements, salaries, work environment, employment outlook and additional information
- College admissions and transfer assistance
Career Exploration online resources - Many websites are available to help with the career decision making process. A few are listed on the left of this page.
Take advantage of one-on-one career advising! Stop by the Career Planning Office AS 117 or call 573-518-2193 to schedule an advising appointment.
For any career related questions contact:
Beth Mell, Career Advisor
Office AS 117 or call (573) 518-2193
Office Hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the summer
Do you need a job, help creating a resume or revising an old, or assistance with successful interviewing tips?
Check out the career services link below!
Mineral Area College is a member of the following professional organizations:
National Association Colleges and Employers
National Career Development Association
Missouri School Counselor Association
Gateway Career Services Association