Whether a first career or a career change, the career planning process can be an exciting way to discover your ideal career!
The Career Planning Office has resources to help you gain a better understanding of your interests, abilities and workplace values.
We have tools that will help you discover your career-related interests and abilities; identify and evaluate occupations that match your personality; identify matching fields of study; clarify and prioritize your career-related values and opportunities.
The Career Planning Office will help you gather information on job descriptions, employment trends, job outlook, training/education required, and more.
Our services are available to anyone, college student or community member, who is undecided about
a college major or career; recently lost a job and looking for a new career; need help
with college transfer information; resume writing and interviewing
skills; or just need help with the career planning process.
Mineral Area College is a member of National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE); National Career Development Association (NCDA); and Missouri School Counselor Association (MSCA)
- GUI 1960 - Career Planning course (1 credit hour)
- Assessments to help clarify your interests, workplace values, and career options.
- Extensive printed and online resources providing occupational information, such as job descriptions, educational requirements, salaries, job search strategies, and employment outlooks.
- Resume and cover letter assistance and development.
- Interview preparation - successful techniques and strategies.
- Career Advising where you may talk with a Certified Career Advisor who is well prepared to assist you with all you career, academic, and college transfer needs.
- College admissions transfer assistance.
- Online Career and Occupation Resources
Career Exploration Web Resources - Many websites are available to help with the career decision making process. A few are listed on the left of the page.
Revising a resume, considering a career change or have any career related questions? We have the staff and resources available to assist you!
Beth Mell, Career Advisor - (573) 518-2193
Julie Downs, Career Advisor - (573) 518-3805
Summer Office Hours
through Friday, 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
Career Planning Office
Arts & Sciences Building room 117
PO Box 1000
5270 Flat River Rd.
Park Hills, MO 63601
Office Phone: (573) 518-2155
FAX: (573) 518-2354
"Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving."
Oliver Wendell Holmes
YOUR FUTURE STARTS HERE!