to CAREER PLANNING
"Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving. - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Whether a first career or career change, the career planning process can be an exciting way to discover your ideal career!
The Career Planning Office is here to help! We have resources to help you gain a better understanding of your interests, abilities and career values. We can help you gather information on job descriptions, earnings, employment trends, job outlook, training/education required, and more.
Our services are available to anyone, college student or community member, who is undecided about
a college major or career; recently lost a job and looking for a new career; need help
with college transfer information; resume writing and interviewing
skills; or just need help with the career planning process.
Take advantage of one-on-one career advising! Stop by the Career Planning Office AS 117 or call 573-518-2193 to schedule an advising appointment.
- Career Advising: Speak with a Certified Career Advisor who is well prepared and equipped with the necessary tools and resources to assist you with all your career, academic, and college transfer needs
- GUI 1960 - Career Planning course (1 credit hour)
- Assessments to help clarify your interests, strengths, workplace values, and career options
- Resources: Extensive printed and online occupational resources that provides information, such as job descriptions, educational requirements, salaries, job search strategies, and employment outlook
- College admissions and transfer assistance
Career Exploration online resources - Many websites are available to help with the career decision making process. A few are listed on the left of this page.
For any career related questions contact
Beth Mell, Career Advisor
Stop by AS 117 or call
or email: email@example.com
Office Hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the summer
Do you need a job, help creating a resume or revising an old, or assistance with successful interviewing tips?
Check out the career services link below!
Mineral Area College is a member of the following professional organizations:
National Association Colleges and Employers
National Career Development Association
Missouri School Counselor Association
Gateway Career Services Association