publicsafety contacts alumni bookstore library calendar home
  Missouri Reverse Transfer

What is Missouri Reverse Transfer?
The process of allowing college students or former college students who have completed credits for an associate’s degree to receive that degree even if they have transferred to a different college or university, or stopped out of higher education altogether.

Missouri has moved forward with a statewide policy to help more Missourians earn degree.

More detailed information can be found at the Missouri Department of Higher Education.

What are the Benefits?

  • Earn your Associates Degree while pursuing your bachelor’s degree
  • Possible Career Advancement with earned associate degrees
  • Qualify for More Jobs
  • A degree can help you earn more money
  • Possibly meet general education requirements at your four-year transfer institution

Are you eligible?
You must have earned a minimum of 15 credit hours at a single two-year institution to be eligible for a reverse transfer degree. Students are not eligible for the program if they currently possess an associate degree or higher.

How does Mineral Area College help you with Reverse Transfer?

Mineral Area College will work with students to help send transcripts to our partner institutions in order to facilitate the reverse transfer process.

Mineral Area College Reverse Transfer Coordinator
Pam Reeder, Registrar
Phone: 573-518-2204

Four-year Colleges and RTC Contact
Participating four-year colleges

Do you have questions? 
Get your answers from your campus Reverse Transfer Coordinator or through our FAQ.

What do you need to do to participate in Reverse Transfer?
Missouri Reverse Transfer is set up so that you, as the student, do not have to do a lot of work. MAC wants this to be seamless and easy. By completing the Missouri Reverse Transfer Opt-In form, you not only apply to be considered for graduation at MAC, you also grant permission for MAC and your four-year school to exchange your transcripts. Please return this form to the Reverse Transfer Coordinator at the email address, fax number, or mailing address on the form.