publicsafety contacts alumni bookstore library calendar home
  Frequently Asked Questions



How do I contact the Financial Aid Office?

  • Telephone (573) 518-2133
  • Fax (573) 518-2305
  • Email:
  • Physical Location – Student Service Office – Technology Building(new wing)
  • Website:
  • Office Hours:  Monday-Friday 8-4 p.m. (close at 3 p.m. during Summer)

What financial assistance programs are handled by the Financial Aid Office?

  • Pell Grants
  • SEOG Grants
  • Access Missouri Grants
  • Missouri Brightflight Scholarships
  • A+ Benefits
  • Student Loans/Parent PLUS Loans
  • Scholarships
  • Vocational Rehabilitation
  • Workforce Investment Act (WIA)
  • Trade Readjustment Act (TRA)
  • Veteran’s Benefits (GI Bill, VA Voc-Rehab)

How do I apply for Aid?

  • Completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) annually is the first step in the process.  This application may be completed online at  List the School Code for MAC 002486 so that we receive your financial aid information.
  • 2015-2016 FAFSA for Summer 2016 Semester
  • 2016-2017 FAFSA for Fall 2016/Spring 2017 Semesters

What happens next?

  • If you provided an email address on the FAFSA Form, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) through your email.  If you did not provide an email address on your FAFSA Form, you will receive a paper SAR at your mailing address.
  • Review the information on your SAR for accuracy.  If corrections need to be made, you may make the corrections yourself at or you may contact the Financial Aid Office to assist you in making corrections.
  • Approximately one-third of all FAFSA Applicants will be asked to provide verification of the information that they submitted.  You may receive an email to your MAC Email Account from the Financial Aid Office at Mineral Area College requesting that you complete this process online through our Verify My FAFSA Portal.  If you are selected for verification, your financial aid cannot be processed until you have provided the requested information.
  • If you have special circumstances that will impact your current income (i.e., change in jobs; lay off from employment; high medical/dental bills not covered by insurance; loss of income) please notify the Financial Aid Office to request a Professional Judgment recalculation.

How will I know how much Financial Aid I have been awarded?

  • Once your financial aid has been fully processed, you will receive a Mineral Area College Award Letter by email listing all non-repayable grant aid that you have been awarded.  Students will check MYMAC for Award Information.
  • Student Loans/Parent PLUS Loans and College Work Study Programs require separate applications which are available under the MyFinancial Aid Tab-MyMAC.
  • Read the Award Letter carefully as well as the Rights & Responsibilities information provided on MyMAC under the MyFinancial Aid Tab.
  • NOTE:  A new Award Notification will be sent by email anytime there is a change in your award package.  You can then view the changed awards on MyMAC.

How will the Business Office know about my Financial Aid?

  • The Business Office is notified at the same time that you receive your Financial Aid Award Letter or Scholarship Award Letter from Mineral Area College.
  • If you register for classes BEFORE you receive your Mineral Area College Award Letter, you will be considered a self-pay student and subject to the payment policy established by the Business Office.

How do I let you know that I am eligible for A+ Benefits?

  • Official Copy of Final High School Transcript directly from HS to Admissions.
  • Complete the A+ Activation Form each semester on MYMAC.
  • Complete the FAFSA Form annually.
  • Once we have all of the information that we need, you will receive a Mineral Area College Award Letter by email.  If you register for classes BEFORE you get this Award Letter by email, you will be considered a self-pay student and subject to the payment plan as established by the Business Office.
  • Students must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5, maintain full time enrollment, and complete 67% of cumulative attempted credit, in order to remain eligible.  Students who do not meet these requirements will not be able to use their A+ Benefits until they have completed sufficient courses to meet these requirements.
  • A+ Students who withdraw from classes or are withdrawn from classes for excessive absence will need to pay tuition for those class(es) at the time of the withdrawal.

What happens if I have to drop out of school and I receive Federal Student Aid?

In order to receive financial aid at Mineral Area College, students are required to actively participate in their classes.  Students who fail to attend classes and/or who fail to actively participate in classes (in the case of online classes), will be dropped by the instructor.  Students who totally withdraw or are withdrawn for excessive absence and receive federal student aid must repay the unearned portion of that aid to MAC.

  • Please review the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy and the Return of Title IV Funds Policy on MyMAC under the MyFinancial Aid Tab so that you will understand the ramifications of withdrawing from classes or being withdrawn by your instructor.


Updated 2/3/2016