OFFICE HOURS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
Monday - Friday 8 a.m.- 4 p.m.
Email - macbusofc@MineralArea.edu
Phone - (573) 518-2115
IMPORTANT DATES BELOW!
We send out email reminders around the 25th of the month letting you know your statement is available to view. Just log in to MyMAC, go to the My Account Info tab, then scroll down to Term Billing Statements. Once there, select the specific year and term you wish to view.
tuition rate do you pay? To receive the in-district
rate, you or your parent (if you are a dependent) will be required
to document residency within the college's taxing district.
burden of proof of eligibility for in-district tuition rests solely
with the student. Presence within the taxing district for a minimum
of the immediate past 12 consecutive months and proof of intent
to make the taxing district a permanent home are the first criteria.
Additional information for proving in-district residence is available
in the Business Office in the Arts & Sciences Building.
In May 2016, Mineral Area College Board of Trustees approved the following tuition rates:
In-District . . . . . . . . . . . . . $102 per credit hour (NO Change)
Out-of-District . . . . . . . . . . $140 per credit hour
Out-of-State . . . . . . . . . . $190 per credit hour
Obligation - A financial obligation is incurred at
the time of enrollment. Whenever you enroll for classes at Mineral
Area College by either completing a paper enrollment form or enrolling
via the web, it is at that point that a financial obligation has
incurred. The Business Office works closely with the Financial
Aid Office. If your Financial Aid file has been completed and
you are eligible for financial aid, that information is accessible
to the Business Office.
Payments - Payments may be made
in person at the Cashier window of the Business Office during
normal business hours. Payments may also be placed in the drop
box located on the Business Office door. Mineral Area College accepts cash,
check, money orders, as well as VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS
and DISCOVER debit or credit cards.
Payments may also be made by using a credit card via the telephone
or by mailing your check to the address below. Your cancelled
check is your receipt. Checks must be for the exact total and
must be received by the Business Office by the published deadlines.
Please include your student ID number on your check!
Mineral Area College
Park Hills, MO 63601
Mineral Area College will send email reminders to your MAC email around the 25th of each month alerting you to view your statement online.
Payment Plans - Payment plans are available for the spring and fall semesters only. They are not available for summer semester.
DATES OF IMPORTANCE- Fall 2016
The 25% payment due date for the fall semester has been extended to
Monday, August 15, 2016!
- August 15, 2016 - 25% payment of all Fall 2016 tuition and fees are due. Students who do not meet this deadline will be dropped from their classes. The student would then need to re-enroll and would be expected to pay 25% of all tuition & fees on the date of re-enrollment. (If your financial aid is complete and on file, you would not be expected to pay the 25% of all tuition & fees on 8/3/16.)
- August 25, 2016 - Payment in full not to incur potential payment plan enrollment fees, late fees, and service charges. (See Payment Plans below.)
- November 2, 2016 -Holds will be placed on accounts for students with unpaid balances. The holds will also be added to students who are on a payment plan.
- December 16, 2016 - last date to pay MAC before sending account balances to a collection agency and accounts will be subject to MO State Tax Interception. All unpaid balances will incur a $25.00 cost of collection fee and will be sent to a collection agency and are subject to MO State Tax Interception. Once accounts have been sent to our collection agency, payments must be made to the collection agency, not MAC.
PAYMENT PLANS-Fall 2016
Payment in full must be received by August 25 not to incur a non-refundable $25 payment plan enrollment fee. Once placed on a payment plan, payment plan payment(s) will be due September 1, October 1, November 2. Payments received after the payment due date(s) will incur a monthly late fee of $15.00. Service charges of .75% (less than 1%) will also apply each month on the unpaid balance.
If you are on a payment plan, please check your payment plan report online right before making a payment to ensure you are making a full payment plan payment. The payment plan amount changes each month based on possible late fees and service charges that have been added to your account.
Students who have unpaid balances owed to Mineral Area College will not be allowed to do any of the following until the hold is removed:
- enroll in courses in subsequent semesters
- obtain a transcript, receive a diploma or certificate
- access certain areas of MyMAC