publicsafety contacts alumni bookstore library calendar home
  Financial Aid at Mineral Area College

How to Apply for Financial Aid

  1. Apply for admission to Mineral Area College.
  2. Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on the web at
  3. MAC’s College Code is 002486.
  4. If you have not received confirmation of your application in 2-4 weeks, you may call the Federal Student Aid Center at 1-800-433-3243 to check on the status of your FAFSA. There are specific Financial Aid Deadlines for each semester that a student must meet in order to use financial aid to defer tuition and fees and receive books.
  5. Have an official academic transcript from all colleges, universities, or vocational-technical schools attended sent to the Admissions Office at Mineral Area College, P.O. Box 1000, Park Hills, MO 63601.
  6. All students who receive Federal Student Aid at MAC must have a high school diploma or GED Certificate. Must have either the ACT Test or Compass ACT Test on file.
  7. In order to receive federal financial aid, the student must be seeking a certificate/degree at Mineral Area College.
  8. There may be additional forms a student must submit based on an individual situation. The student will be contacted about any additional forms needed.
  9. If interested in a student loan, student may access the Student Loan information on MyMac under the MyFinancial Aid Tab.
  10. Students must reapply for financial aid annually. The financial aid received is not automatically renewable.


Students will be notified when their Financial Aid Awards are available for viewing on the MyMAC System after the financial aid has been finalized. Each time there is a change in the Financial Aid Award, students will be notified to check MyMAC.

Receiving Financial Aid

  1. The student must complete his or her file. This means that all of the previously mentioned materials must be received by the Financial Aid Office. There are specific Financial Aid Deadlines for each term that a student must meet in order to use financial aid to defer tuition and fees and receive books. These deadlines can also be found in the course schedule booklet or by checking with the Financial Aid Office Staff.
  2. The student must register for classes.
  3. Financial aid funds are disbursed approximately September 15th for the fall semester and February 15th for the spring semester and summer funds are disbursed approximately June 15th.
  4. Upon receipt of the refund check each semester students should review their account information on MyMAC for accuracy and report any discrepancies immediately to the Financial Aid Office Staff.