publicsafety contacts alumni bookstore library calendar home
  Study Abroad and Community Travel Information


Mineral Area College now provides high school and college students with study abroad opportunities within the Missouri Community College Association and the Missouri Consortium for Global Education. Please contact the Study Abroad Coordinators Sarah Stahl ( or Stephanie Campbell ( for more information.

Current Travel Plans - The very last day to sign up to travel to Cuba is February 25. Use the code "snowman100" for a discount.

This will be MAC's second trip to Cuba and is open to students, staff, faculty, and community members. You will need a passport for this trip.

Travel dates are May 25-June 2 and the tour fee is $3,924 and includes travel insurance. Our point of departure is St. Louis. Details can be found at the link below.

Cuba info and sign-up link

Students may wish to take the trip for college credit by signing up for MFL 2390 but no one is required to do so.

Also, the Continuing Education Program is offering a trip to Italy in May, 2016. Here is the link for details or you can call Pam Watkins for more information (573) 518-2280.

Resources and Websites

MCGE-Missouri Consortium for Global Education

United States Passport


Boren Awards for International Study: 
The Boren scholarships offer unique opportunities for U.S. undergraduates to study abroad in world regions critical to U.S. interests including Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, Eurasia, Latin America, the Caribbean and the Middle East. The programs provide scholarships to students to study languages and cultures abroad.

Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship:
The Gilman Scholarship Program offers awards for undergraduate study abroad and was established by the International Academic Opportunity Act of 2000. This scholarship provides awards for U.S. undergraduate students who are receiving Federal Pell Grant funding at a two-year or four-year college or university to participate in study abroad programs worldwide.

Financial Aid

For most MAC students your current financial aid package will apply to your for-credit study abroad program. Students should check with the Financial Aid office to determine if they qualify for financial aid.