Rifle/Pistol/Shotgun Range Commands
CEASE FIRE…CEASE FIRE
- (The Range Officer will turn the Indicator Light to GREEN) Shooters on the line, open all actions, remove magazines and unload all firearms.
- Place all firearms in the appropriate gun rack with Chamber Blocks in place.
- When all firearms are racked, step out of the booth, and sit on bench provided at rear of booth. If you are checking out, turn your indicator light to WHITE.
- As a reminder, shooters during a cease-fire you may not re-enter your booth, handle any firearms, or check out.
- If you are checking out, return your target stand to the 7-yard line and remove the target.
- The line is clear. You may proceed down range.
- When everyone from your booth has returned from downrange, have a seat on the bench at the rear of your booth. (The Range Officer will turn your indicator light to RED.
- If you are checking out during this shooting sequence, re-case your firearms on the shooting table with the muzzle pointed down range, sweep up your booth & check out at the Range Office.
- Shooters, down range is clear, you may re-enter your booth, carefully handle your firearm, keeping the muzzle pointed down range, load & commence fire.
- Reminder Commands:
- Target placement: Standing, using top of target, Seated, use bottom of target
- 3 seconds between shots fired. No rapid fire.
- Position your firearms between the RED lines on your shooting table.