1. All degree-seeking students at Mineral Area College are given placement tests prior to or at the time of enrollment. They take either the ACT Examination or the COMPASS Test Battery. The ACT is designed to measure student academic skills in English, Mathematics, Reading, and Science Reasoning. The COMPASS Test Battery is designed to measure student academic skills in English, Mathematics, and Reading.
2. All candidates for the AA, AAT or AGS degrees from Mineral Area College are required to take the ETS Proficiency Profile and Essay examination.
3. All graduates of the AAT program are required to pass all subject areas of the C-BASE in order to receive their degree.
4. All candidates for graduation from the Career and Technical Division must take both the ACT WorkKeys Career Readiness Assessment and a Technical Skills Assessment in their career specialty area.
5. The results of these tests are made available each Spring. Customized reports are also available from the Director of Assessment. Data can be provided for individual students, classes, programs, departments and/or divisions.
6. The Assessment Committee consists of faculty members from representative departments and the Deans of Student Services, Career and Tech, and Arts and Science divisions. This committee meets regularly to address matters related to assessment.
7. Assessment data for Mineral Area College