PARK HILLS, MISSOURI
SOCIAL SCIENCE DEPARTMENT
First Semestser: 15 Hrs. Second Semester: 15 Hrs.
ENG1330 English Comp I (3)* ENG1340 English Comp II (3)*
Humanities Course(3) MAT1230 College Algebra (3)*
PSY1130 General Psychology I (3) SOC1600--Ethnicity & Cul Div (3)
SWK1000 Introduction to Social Work (3) SWK2020 Policy & Politics (3)*
POS1180 American Political Systems (3) HIS1230 or HIS1240 Amer History (3)
Third Semester: 17 Hrs. Fourth Semester: 15 Hrs.
BIO1150 Gen Biology (5) BUS1330 Intro to Economics (3)
SWK2000 Theories & Skills (3)* SOC1540 Intro Cul Anthropology (3)
SOC1130 General Sociology (3) BUS2430 Intro to Statistics (3)
CIS1050 Intro to Computers (3) SOC1240 Substance Abuse (3)
English 1440 or 1670 Physical Science (3)
First Semester: 15 Hrs. Second Semester: 15 Hrs.
ENG1330 English Comp I (3)* ENG1340 Englich Comp II (3)*
Humanities Course (3) MAT1230 College Algebra (3)*
PSY1130 General Psychology I (3) PSY1140* and/or PSY1160 (3)
HIS1230 or 1240 American History (3) Humanities Course (3)
PSY1250 Human Growth & Dev (3) PSY2000 Abnormal Psy (3)*
Third Semester: 15-17 Hrs. Fourth Semester: 15-17 Hrs.
Biologial Science Course (3-5) Physical Science Course (3-5)
POS1180 American Political Systems (3) Humanaities Course (3)
CIS - Computer Information Course (3) Approved Elective for Major (3)†
SOC1130 General Sociology (3) ENG1440 or 1670 (3)
Approved Elective for Major (3)† Major or Gen Ed elective (3)
IMPORTANT DEGREE NOTES:
1. The AA degree plan requires two (2) hours of PE activity in addition to the minimum 60 hours in genral education and
major area courses.
2. Must complete paper work & turn in the application for graduation with the Registrar during the first two weeks of the a
and spring semesters and the first week of the summer term
3. Must schedule and take the college's Exit Exam with the Registrar's Office
4. Humanities require 9 hours; 3hrs from at least 2 disciplines and 3 hrs of which must be a cultural diversity course.
5. Physical & Biological Sciences: Must choose 2; 1 from each discipline, including one with a laboratory component.
6. Political Science & History: Students must take (POS1180) American Political Systems and either American History I
or American History II
7.Students may only apply up to 6 hours of practical arts credits from the Division of Career & Technical Education
8.Students must earn the last 15 hours at Mineral Area College and have earned a 2.00 or better cumulative GPA
9.Students may not complete more than 50% of the total hours required for the AA degree from web courses
• SWK2000 Theories & Skills is only offered in the Fall during the MWF 1:00-1:50 time period; SWK2020 Policy &
Politics is only offered in the Spring during the TR 9:30-10:45 time period.
• PSY1140 Gen Psychology II and PSY1160 Applied Psychology are only offered in the Spring.
• SOC1240 Substance Abuse in Modern Society is only offered in the Fall as an evening class.
†Approved Elective courses should be chosen based on your major and the transfer institution.
*Course requires a prerequisite or placement core for enrollment.