Career Planning & Employment Services
In preparation for advancing your career, our office can help you explore your career interests, values and abilities. Through a continuing partnership between Mineral Area College and local employers, our office helps students, alumni and community members find rewarding part time and full time job opportunities.
"Thank for your help. We appreciate what you can do. You and your Career Services team were a great help when we opened about a year ago."
Store Manager #767
HARBOR FREIGHT TOOLS
Mineral Area College uses College Central Network as its official job resource and resume system. The site is available 24/7 to students, alumni, and employers at www.collegecentral.com/mineralarea
- Students, quickly apply to jobs and Internship opportunities posted exclusively for you, and search other opportunities via Jobs Central® and Intern Central®, national job boards.
- Create and upload your resume and career portfolio to make available to employers.
- Access our events calendar, and career/job search advice documents, podcasts, videos and more.
- Review Career Fair information and company recruitment visits.
- Employers search for talented students and alumni, and post unlimited jobs for FREE.
Services we Offer:
Career Services would like to help our students, alumni and community members be competitive in their job search.
- Job Search Assistance and Resources
- Developing a competitive resume and cover letter
- Interview Best Practices
- Completing online applications and many more...
Email or Call for your appointment today! asheets@Mineralarea.edu
or Call 518-3848
A federal work program administered by MAC offers students the opportunity to be employed on campus. The award received by the student is based on financial need. Students earn $7.85 per hour which is paid on a monthly basis. Various positions are offered to students to complement their education with practical job experience.
The Career Planning Office has tools that will help you discover your career-related interests and abilities; identify and evaluate occupations that match your personality; identify matching fields of study; clarify and prioritize your career-related opportunities.
Career Planning Office
See what career opportunities await you with your chosen field of study!
National Association of Colleges and Employers http://www.naceweb.org/
Gateway Career Services Association http://www.gcsa.siue.edu/
Midwest Association of Colleges and Employers http://www.mwace.org/
For more information, please contact:
Director of Career Services
Arts & Science 117
Phone: (573) 518-3848
|Hours available by appointment.